Sunday 10 August 2014

My Tattoo's!

Firstly I'd like to apologise for the massive time gap since my last blog, the disappearance was mostly due to the fact I was finishing up college and my course, and to be honest just a load of other things that took over from blogging. However thankfully I now have the time to start getting into blogging again therefore hopefully uploading posts more frequently. 
Anyways this post is about my recent investment (should I say) of my tattoos that I got whilst abroad. I'll start of by mentioning that although there is a lot of bad press about getting tattoos In counties such a magaluf (which is where I went by the way), I made sure that I went to a tattooist that had a good reputation and had English speaking people there. The particular place I went too, was recommended by a few reps that are regulars at this tattooist and all their tattoos looked fab. So I did feel confident that mine would turn out how id want, there was also an English girl that lived out there working in the studio so I was able to ask as many questions as I wanted. 
        Now on to the actual tattoos; the first of the two I got was the one on my left upper thigh which is my starsign (Virgo), this was €35 and took around 10 minutes, pain rating 1/10. The reasoning for this tattoo was because I have a massive interest in starsigns and horoscopes and despite some people opinions towards starsigns I do believe that I am very much like a typical Virgo. 
        The second of my two tattoos is just above my right knee which is the quote "Pursuit of Happiness", this was €70 and took around 45 minutes, pain rating 3/10. I adore this quote and the meaning behind it which is that "The pursuit of happiness is defined as a fundamental right mentioned in the Declaration of Independence to freely pursue joy and live life in a way that makes you happy, as long as you don't do anything illegal or violate the rights of others" which I think is a lovely and inspirational quote to have. I actually got this tattoo in the same shop 5 or so days after my first. 

I am sure I will get more tattoos in the future as they are very addictive and despite what some people may say the pain isn't actually as bad as people make out although I can believe that if you we're to get tattoos on an area where it's very bony or you have less fat on that particular area it would hurt a lot lot more. I chose to get the tattoos in the areas I did because I will be able to hide them with certain clothes expecially in the winter and I thought they would be less painful for my firsts. I've had these for around a month now and as far as the healing process is going, I think they are doing okay although I am slightly concerned about scabbing and loss of ink in some places so I will be sure to get those checked out surely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment