Saturday 11 January 2014

The Naked Basics eye palette

My sister very kindly brought me this exquisite little palette for Christmas, as she most likely saw that I eyed it up possibly every time I browsed the Urban Decay stand in the department stores. To which I am very grateful indeed. This palette is very true to it's name 'The Basics'-  you get six all matte shades ranging from light to dark, which are all very wearable day to day 'basic' shades. I would personally wear all six of these colors, however the shades that I tend to wear the most are; 'Venus'- as an inner corner & brow highlight,  'Foxy and WOS' as all over lid base colors as they are very similar to my foundation shade so it just creates a really even, clean and pretty eye look, I also use 'Crave' to give my eyeliner a smoked edgy effect. I will definitely plan to experiment with 'Naked 2' and 'Faint' soon. I find that the formula of these eye shadows are perfect, they apply so creamy and effortlessly to the lid and are very blend-able too. The packaging of this product is very travel efficient, as the outside palette material is rubber like so it feels pleasant to hold and it will also be very durable being bashed about in handbags and so on. The size of the palette is just right, able to fit in make-up bags, handbags and is also very light too- which is a bonus. Inside the palette opposite the eye-shadows you get a large high quality mirror- which is perfect for those times you are doing your make-up on the go. For £20.00 I believe this product is well worth it, for six high quality shadows for a reasonable price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment