Thursday 14 August 2014

Mac blush in Harmony ( The perfect contour)


 As you may or may not know I am utterly obsessed with contouring and the whole 'Kim Kardashian' image. I definitely don't feel like my make-up is complete until I have finished up my look with contour and highlight. I personally believe that these two steps within make-up are two of the most important, as they give you definition and shape to your face and also to emphasize your cheekbones and areas you most want to accentuate. 
However despite all the pro's to contouring, it can be difficult to get the hang of, especially if you are short of time doing your make-up, as you want it to look perfect, so just a simple functional product is what I was particularly looking for. 

          Mac's blush in Harmony fitted my needs exceptionally well. It's very practical in Mac's famous simple packaging, easy to slot in to your make-up bag if you're on the go, it also has a very secure 'lift up' lid so that there is a limited chance the product would crack or fall out. Although the colour in the pan looks slightly dull and nothing to write home about, a sweep of this across your cheeks and the areas you would contour, looks stunning. Despite this product being labelled a 'blush', I would say without doubt it leans more towards being a bronzer. The pink/red undertones balances out any orangeyness from the formula, which gives a more natural glowing effect. These undertones plus hints of rose/beige in the blush also make it a great product for pale skins, such as myself, this is because the colour is less harsh on the skin and won't give that TOWIE 'tangoed' look, yet gives it a healthy glowing contour. 

              One of the biggest things I believe that intimidate people the most about contouring are 'how to apply it' and 'which brushes should I be using', but do not fear, you don't need a massive collection of fancy brushes to be able to achieve that contoured look- especially with 'Harmony' too. I simply just use one brush and one brush only and that's Mac's '187SE'. However I am certain that this brush is limited edition, as I received it as a present a couple years back as a gift. Another Mac brush that I've heard is brilliant for contouring in their permanent line is the '168 Large angled brush', but you could use practically any blush or bronzer brush with this product and it would still give you the same finish. That's the beauty of this product- it's a contour lovers best friend! When I'm seeking that all round glowy look, I just dust this over my forehead and down my nose which instantly leaves me feeling that I look like I've just been on a weeks holiday in Greece! :) 

I would recommend this product 100% , I use it religiously every day and it compliments any make-up look you could think of! This blush cost me £18, which may sound alot to some, however one pot has lasted me a whole year and I've only just hit pan slightly! I am sure it would happily last me another 6 or so months until it's empty. So I'm thankfully getting all my moneys worth. If your a contour lover just like myself, I am sure you too would be very happy with 'Harmony' too. I shall leave a link to this product down below for you to check out if you wish :) 
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/156/329/Products/Face/Cheek/Powder-Blush/index.tmpl
Thanks for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment