Saturday 11 January 2014

Dior Skin Forever Flawless Foundation



I've been using this foundation for a good year or so now, so I feel I am able to write a complete honest review on this product. Firstly the texture of this foundation works a treat with my skin type (normal-dry), it gives my skin a flawless, full coverage look without appearing or feeling heavy or cakey. The finish of this product claims to be a 'Matte finish', however I don't personally find it particularly 'matte' nor 'dewy' either- which actually makes the skin look more natural. This foundation tends to last on my skin type for a good 8 or so hours, although I personally like to powder once or twice just to keep all my make- up set and looking flawless. To apply this foundation I favor my 'Real Techniques Expert face brush' as the two combined leave my skin with an all round even and blended finish. I do also recommend simply using your hands to blend if you are after a more natural light finish to the skin. In contrast to these pro's- I do have one con that really sticks out like a sore thumb- which is how incredibly fast it oxidizes. I use shade (010), which is in fact the lightest shade they provide, so when I first apply the foundation it matches my color perfectly, but then 10-15 minutes later, the shade of the foundation has dramatically darkened and turned quite orangery. This does bug me tremendously as I do prefer my foundation to exactly match my bare skin color, so consequently you do have to super blend in the foundation all the way onto your neck- to make sure you avoid the 'tell tale' line. To summarize I do like this product but not enough to repurchase again, due to the oxidizing fault, also because for £35.00 (30ml) you expect the best of the best . 

No comments:

Post a Comment